Our Vision Statement
St. Martha's Table will be a ministry that celebrates and lives Christ’s radical and universal love. To be an inclusive, progressive Christian ministry seeking to connect individuals and families of all generations with God’s unconditional love.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of St. Martha's Table is to learn and teach the radical and universal love of Jesus Christ by:
• Honoring the Ancient Heritage of the faith while Embracing the Progressive Faith in the modern world.
• Nurturing individual spirituality and growth.
• Fostering community. Sharing and celebrating the circle of life.
• Providing space and time for personal and communal reverence.
• Championing universal human rights and courageously acting to overcome injustice.
- We are Christians, a part of the "body of Christ", a part of the "Church universal", our first allegiance is to Christ’s gospel of universal love. To love God and love one another.
- We are Christ centered, yet we respect and learn from all religions of love.
- We affirm the ancient heritage and symbols of our faith, yet we strive to speak a new language that includes all people and affirms the scientific discoveries of our day. Embracing that modern understandings of faith change but don't limit the core beauty of the truth.
- We hope to teach children the stories of the Bible without sectarian dogma.
- We strive to be a close, nurturing community, yet we welcome all people into our midst. All are welcome at the Table.
- We wish to live in inner peace, yet hear God’s call to work for peace and for universal human rights.
- We take faith seriously, yet believe the journey should be fun. We celebrate life in many artistic forms. We celebrate and honor each of our unique place in Creation.
Our Diversity and Safety Statement
At St. Martha's Table we believe that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, and that all who grace our ministry, and others who participate in any ministry related activity deserve to feel emotionally and physically safe.
We are inclusive of all and exclusive of none. We denounce and reject sanctioned violence, bigotry, and systemic discrimination in all its forms, including but not limited to those directed at people because of their disability, gender identity/expression, race, religion, sex, and sexuality, nationality, immigration status, language, culture, religion, or any other distinguishing reason.
Love--Acknowledging that God loves and accepts each one of us, we are committed to loving God and each other. As we live joyfully in that love, we strive to practice patience, kindness, humility, and truthfulness as we interact with ourselves and with others.
Spiritual Growth--Desiring to live as people of faith, we challenge ourselves and nurture others as we explore the radical, transforming love of Christ through prayer, service, and study. We aspire to provide opportunities and support that reflect the different spiritual needs and faith journeys of our diverse community of faith.
Family and Community--Realizing that we are all members of God’s family, we celebrate, support, and nurture individuals, all committed relationships, our extended families, and the community. We also seek to provide an environment where everyone is offered a place of belonging in which to create and promote loving and meaningful relationships.
Diversity--Respecting and celebrating the diversity and differences in God’s creation, we seek to be a church that welcomes all of God’s children, striving to be inclusive of all people, and working to advance the unity of the Spirit.
Integrity--Recognizing that God has called us to be truthful and authentic in all that we say and do, we acknowledge our accountability both to God and to each other in all our words and actions. We also acknowledge that we have a responsibility to create an environment that fosters respect for each person and allows for truth to be handled in a graceful and loving manner.